MyLab Questions and final reflection discussion board
Are you familiar with the term synthesis? Merriam-Webster online defines synthesis as the composition or combination of parts or elements so as to form a whole (; In this class, probability, statistics concepts, descriptive statistical techniques, and inferential statistical techniques are the parts while you have the power and the knowledge to create the whole. How do you see yourself using this new information? This assignment will help you reflect on what you have learned in this course, which will help you better understand and remember it.
At the beginning of the course, you were asked the question: What comes to mind when you hear the word statistics? Here at the end of the course, I ask the same question. What pops into your head when you heard the word statistics? In addition to your response to that question, write a substantive two or three paragraph writing which addresses the following:
- How have you been able to extend what you have learned beyond this class?
- Describe a current or recent event or situation where you have applied a number of the tools presented in this MTH 245 course.
- Think about your family and friends, your career, your education, your hobbies. How does what you have learned in this course influence decisions you make or actions you take?
- Do you feel that you are more of a critical thinker in your approach to decisionmaking?
- Have you developed the habit of looking at numbers closely and critically?
Reply with your final reflection in this discussion. You can enter your reflection as text or attach a PDF or RTF. You are encouraged, but not required, to read all the reflection posts and post a follow-up question or comment where appropriate.